These pancakes are fluffy, flavorful and gluten free. They take 10 minutes and are perfect for brunch. You only need four ingredients (one serving):
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 2 tsp vanilla sugar
Essentially you mix the ingredients and cook them. However, here are some tips to drastically improve the result. These tips are applicable to regular pancakes as well:
- To make fluffy pancakes, I use egg white. After beating the egg white until thickens, add sugar and continue beating them until stiff peaks are formed. The egg white increases its volume due to the air it incorporated. The sugar helps to stabilize the foam. You can use an electric mixer or a whisk. After mixing the yolk with other ingredients, pour the mixture into egg white. Combine until the ingredients are fairly distributed. Do not over mix as that would eliminate the air bubble.
- To make them even fluffier, use white flour (no banana). White flour is low in density, thus easier to hold on to the egg whites.
- To have a good mixture consistency, add almond flour/regular flour if too wet and milk if too dry.
- To create air pockets in the pancakes, butter the pan generously, so the bubbly oil breaks through the batter and leaves tiny air pockets.
- To make round pancakes, you can either use a round pan, or you can use the bottom of a spoon to help distribute the batter while the pancakes are raw.
- To flip the pancakes without breaking, first, generously butter the pan so that pancakes do not stick to the pan. Second, cook the pancakes on low heat so that they are 70% cooked before flipping, but not burnt on one side.
- Lastly, all pancakes are good pancakes. Top them with your favorite toppings and enjoy! x