When I was in Shanghai, I lived with one bubble tea/milk tea per day. There was such a wide selection of tea stalls and tastes that I hardly repeated my tea order. I will present you the ultimate bubble tea guide in later posts, stay tuned~
This morning, my bubble tea craving kicked in so I gathered up the basic ingredients for the base of bubble tea and started brewing. It is simpler than you thought! I also found packages of cooked chestnuts laying around in the kitchen, so I tossed these goodies in my milk tea oatmeal. Chestnuts are such a comfy food in this weather.
For bubble tea chestnut oatmeal, you will need:
- 1 black tea bag
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup cooked chestnuts
- sugar to your liking
- Boiled the water with the tea bag.
- Take the tea bag out and simmer the oats, chestnuts and milk until thickens (about 5 minutes on low heat)
- Add a little bit sugar into the oatmeal if desired, or honey. Both delicious!
- The tea develops more flavor when first boiled in water.
- Bubble tea is smoother and creamy when made with whole milk : )