I love pasta for its sauce. I would cut down on the carbs just to add more sauce and cheese. Because CHEESE is amazing! Zucchini noodle is the perfect solution! It has the form of spaghetti and holds as much sauce as you want. These noodles are fairly straightforward to prepare. The idea is that you spiral slice a zucchini and combine it with pasta sauce. Here we will be making bolognese sauce, which you can also use it on regular pastas. Read more to find out specific tips for making zucchini noodles.
- 1 zucchini
- 30 grams minced beef
- 10 grams bacon, diced
- 150 grams canned tomato
- 6 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1 sprig rosemary, leaves finely chopped
- Parmesan cheese
- Olive oil, salt
- In a saute pan, add a splash of olive oil, toss in bacon, onion, garlic and rosemary. Cook until soft.
- Add mined beef. Cook until brown.
- Add canned tomato and cherry tomatoes. Let the sauce simmer for 5 minutes.
- While simmer, use a spirelli to cut the zucchini into noodle forms.Toss in the noodles into the sauce.
- Coat the zucchini with the sauce, add a generous amount of parmesan cheese and salt to your tasting. Lightly cook the zucchini with the mixture for 1 minute.
- If you do not have a spirelli, you can also slice the zucchini with knife.
- Do not overcook the zucchini. Zucchini starts to water when they are cooked. This waters down the sauce, and the zucchini loses its crunch.
- If you want to cut out the fuss, use store brought pasta sauce
- More cheese with a dash of olive oil on top is always a good idea! Enjoy and happy Easter!